#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 5/4/15 1:16 PM, Ron Jacobs via Marxism wrote:
Is this Clay and Louis' version of Joe McCarthy's list?

What in the world could you possibly be talking about? McCarthyism was a form of state terror in which Communists lost their jobs and occasionally their lives.

As far as I can tell, there are exactly two people on the American left that blog in favor of the overthrow of Bashar al-Assad, me and Clay. Plus, Michael Karadjis in Australia. That's about it.

As opposed to us, there is a steady diet of pro-Assad articles in Counterpunch, DissidentVoice and other leftist websites that are too numerous to enumerate.

This mailing list is also one of the few places where you can see news items that run counter to the pro-Assad blogosphere. If you think that this amounts to "McCarthyism", I really don't know what to say. Put it this way, Ron. If you can squeal about what Clay writes (or me), then you probably have a pretty thin skin. Given the hegemonic support on the left for the "axis of resistance", you should be able to shrug off a tiny sliver of contrary opinion.