#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I don't think it's dishonest, so much as a matter of her being like a
decade younger than me and not knowing all the esoterica of the postwar
American left, or perhaps finding it particularly relevant. Believe it or
not, kids these days do not spend their free time poring over party
histories. And I don't think it's terribly flawed to critique an
institution like the Nation apart from its historical context, any more
than recounting the racism of, say, a university requires a blow-by-blow of
how it was in the region or country as a whole.

That said, you are doubtlessly correct about the influences of the CPUSA on
the Nation's enthusiasm for ethnic cleansing. I once worked at a former
front organization, and while the party had lost the capacity to maintain
fronts long before, surviving groups were still terrified of their cranky
old Zionist donors.

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 8:48 PM, Sheldon Ranz via Marxism <

lytlað."