#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The man’s voice was brisk and low as he called in his report from the dark heart of the Islamic State’s self-proclaimed capital, the north-central Syrian city of Raqqa.

Islamic State police are out in force in the city’s central square, he said. They are stopping ­passersby at random and scrutinizing their mobile phones. Two people have been detained. Islamic State fighters have also set up extra checkpoints on roads approaching the city and seem in an unusually jumpy mood.

“Don’t call me back unless I call you,” said the man, who also seemed nervous, before he hung up.

full: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/islamic-state-learned-to-exploit-the-internet-activists-are-turning-the-tables/2015/06/09/8d3e490a-0964-11e5-951e-8e15090d64ae_story.html