#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Ha! More machines yet longer hours (more relative AND absolute value)? What
does that mean for the "tendency of the organic composition to rise"...? Also
what should we make of the tendency of multinationals to eschew automation in
favor of exploiting the massive reserve armies of cheap/unfree labor in the
periphery? Isn't that a function of the increase in capital-saving (as opposed
to labor-saving) technology; i.e. the containerization/logistics revolution?
I'm thinking of John Smith's work on "value captured" production chains...