#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Louis Proyect said (in part):

On June 25th a guest post by Amith Gupta appeared on my blog criticizing Jewish
Voice for Peace’s decision to terminate relations with Alison Weir, a supporter
of Palestinian rights because of her appearances on the radio show of Clay
Douglas, a reactionary racist according to the Southern Poverty Law Center
(SPLC).

Since their objection is not so much about what she said in the interview but
about her mere appearance on the show, it begs the question about her views.
Are you to judge someone by the venue they appear on or write for? I ask
because I have now been Weired, to coin a term.

* * * * *

Ken Hiebert replies:
For whatever reason (perhaps lack of computer skills on my part) I could not
comment on the CP site, so I am commenting here.

 "...Clay Douglas, a reactionary racist according to the Southern Poverty Law
Center (SPLC)."
Does the qualifying phrase "according to the Southern Poverty Law Center..."
mean that you want to look into the question for yourself and not simply accept
the statement of the SPLC?  You have every right to make your own judgement.
When you have had a chance to do that, I look forward to your characterization
of Clay Douglas.  In the meantime, the statement of the US Campaign to End the
Israeli Occupation offers some useful information.
http://www.endtheoccupation.org/article.php?id=4510

Your second paragraph offers your reading of the JVP statement.  My own reading
is different.  As a courtesy to your readers, I suggest you provide a link to
the JVP statement.

https://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/blog/jewish-voice-for-peace-statement-on-our-relationship-with-alison-weir