#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Louis Proyect said:
The pure insanity of the capitalist system. Melting ice in the Arctic
spurs drilling for more oil that will lead to more greenhouse gases. We
are fucked.

Ken Hiebert replies:
There may be powerful reasons for despair, but I am sure Louis does not intend
for us to give up.  Despair and resignation might cause some people to turn
entirely to individual pursuits.  If I believed that there was no hope at all,
I might be tempted to take the money and become a climate change denier.  What
difference would it make, other than to make my life more comfortable while we
wait for the end?