#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 11/27/15 4:14 PM, Andrew Stewart via Marxism wrote:

I have recently seen the TRUMBO film and agreed that it is a
fantastic picture. That said, I have yet to see anything that deals
with the fact that the two films that listed Trumbo in the credits,
SPARTACUS and EXODUS, are proto-hasbara Zionist propaganda pictures
that continue to be used to delegitimize Palestinians. Any thoughts?

Well, Exodus was certainly hasbara but Spartacus? Maybe you can explain why on that one. The film is based on a Howard Fast novel. He was a Communist and the film is obviously sympathetic to a slave revolt.

But if you want to see a film that incorporates Trumbo's unique perspective, I recommend "Lonely are the Brave" that is based on a novel by Edward Abbey called "The Brave Cowboy". Abbey was an anarchist and a deep ecologist.