#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

New from Linux Beach:

      Why does the West want "moderate" Syrian rebels?

<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/11/why-does-west-want-moderate-syrian.html>

> *Barry Goldwater* may have been a racist and a reactionary but he was
> right about one thing, /"Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no
> virtue!”/ This truth should be remembered as we discuss those who have
> been labeled the /"moderate opposition"/ in Syria, and also when we
> use a related term, /"moderate Muslims."/ Neither should be taken as a
> compliment by those to whom it is applied and both labels are the
> creations of a hostile foreign culture for the purpose of denigrating
> their targets. After all, what is a moderate Christian? Is Pope
> Francis a moderate Christian? Is Obama? Who are the /"moderate"/
> revolutionaries that we admire?
>
> The imperialists have always been very good at labeling their
> opposition. Better at labeling them than beating them sometimes.
> Everybody called the National Liberation Front, the opposition in
> South Vietnam, the /"Viet Cong"/ or /"VC."/ Still, to this day, they
> are called that. Few realize that /"Viet Cong"/ was a label invented
> by *Everest Bumgardner*, a US army PsyOps officer
> <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2013/12/through-looking-glass-viet-cong.html>
> in 1956 to discredit the opposition, and then /"sold"/ to the
> newspapers. They never could beat the VC, but the name stuck.
>
> Personally, I think the term /"moderate revolutionary"/ is an
> oxymoron, and I've never heard the thuwar apply it to themselves,
> although it is almost universally used by the bourgeois media and the
> Imperial Left to define those who might be worthy of our support in
> the Syrian conflict. As I said in /"barrel bombs,"
> <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/11/well-what-about-barrel-bombings-that.html>/
> they aren't doing the Syrian revolutionaries any favor by labeling
> them as /"moderates"/ as the term alone will cause those demanding
> change to look to the /"radicals,"/ which are defined by the bourgeois
> commentators and, quite ironically, by the /"anti-imperialists"/ as
> well, as exclusively the right-wing radicals of Islam.

*More...*
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/11/why-does-west-want-moderate-syrian.html>

/Recent from Linux Beach:/
"Well, what about the barrel bombings that kill thousands?"
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/11/well-what-about-barrel-bombings-that.html>
Assad's Grand Mufti threatened Paris type attacks in 2011
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/11/assads-grand-mufti-threatened-paris.html>
Qui profite? Who benefits from the Paris attacks?
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/11/qui-profite-who-benefits-from-paris.html>
The Imperial Left's sarin song: still "Regime Change" after all these
years!
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-imperial-lefts-sarin-song-still.html>/
*Basel & Luna made it from Syria to Germany safely but they still need
your help
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/10/basel-luna-made-it-from-syria-to.html>*
//and we've added these to our growing foreign language collection:/
La Izquierda Imperial:¡al cabo de años, la misma cantinela!
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/11/la-izquierda-imperialal-cabo-de-anos-la.html>

Qui profite ? Qui bénéficie des attaques de Paris ?
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/11/qui-profite-qui-beneficie-des-attaques_20.html>
¿Cui bono? ¿Quién se beneficia con los ataques de París?
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/11/cui-bono-quien-se-beneficia-con-los_18.html>
La Izquierda Imperial:¡al cabo de años, la misma cantinela!
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/11/la-izquierda-imperialal-cabo-de-anos-la.html>
Refugiados sirios en Kusel: "Esperar no es sano"
<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2015/10/refugiados-sirios-en-kusel-esperar-no.html>

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions
Venice, CA 90291