#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Just returned from an archaeological trip to Bulgaria.  It is an incredibly
poor nation, no small towns that are not falling to pieces, no small farmers or
their families or farmsteads visible (all the fields were tilled by
agribusiness, and large numbers of previously-tilled acres have been deserted
by farmers and are returning to forest), its cities bulging with those who have
left the countryside, and other European (and American) cities housing the 2
million (out of a total of 9.25 million) who have moved away in the last couple
of decades in order to find economic survival.

Wythe