#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I don't know how many Marmmailers or PEN-L'ers are familiar with this guy nowadays since he is no longer much of a presence on the Internet. He was never on Marxmail but on PEN-L where he first came to my attention as a vehement defender of the Brenner thesis. After a number of years, he swung completely in the other direction and began attacking it. As I began reading the chapter on the divergence of West and East of Anievas/Nisancioglu's "How the West Came to Rule", I was surprised to see him mentioned as a defender of the idea that the West became hegemonic because of its "higher intellectual and artistic creativity". I went to the Wiki entry on him and was shocked to discover that this sociology professor, who was born in Puerto Rico, has become a full-tilt racist.

Duchesne is a vehement critic of immigrant multiculturalism[17][18][19] and political correctness in academe.[20] Since the publication of his 2011 book, Duchesne has been arguing that the multicultural interpretation of the West is part of a wider effort by established elites to create heterogeneous race-mixed societies inside all European-created nations through the promotion of mass immigration.

full: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Duchesne