#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Jairus Banaji, some of Mandel’s two volume book on Capital and also some of the
proto industrialisation stuff is also of interest regarding subsumption – by
showing how it relies very much on the social power of money to dominate – and
isn’t just about changes in the production process. Hence (IMO), Marx’s line
about ‘capitalist exploitation without the capitalist mode of production’ in
the Results.

Also, in the chapters on relative and absolute in vol. I, he treats hybrid
subsumption, referencing domestic industry I think, synchronically with the
factory system. In other words, in a completely non-stagist way as per your
above point.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10