#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

And as expected, the below from Dave McReynolds, one-time pacifist leader,
now the most vocal tankie/Assad-appeaser on the UFPJ list:

*"Sorry Andrew, but what revoutionaries? The rebels in Syria are a mixed
bag - a very mixed, badly divided bag. And few of them are*

*revolutionary in the sense I think you or I would use that term. They have
been supported by Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and the US - none of them being
revolutionary forces.*

*And yes, a real part of the problem is that the rebels will not engage in
the talks.*

*It is interesting that even though Kerry seems to accept the reality some
of us have urged, you now seem to think he is backing Assad.*

*The problem is that the US fears tossing out Assad would mean Syria would
become another Libya."*
*David McReynolds*