#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I've read most of what (everything I could find on free trade) by M&E. I
think in general it's anemic. I *wish* they had written a whole lot more. I
think it lacks the needed historical study of how Britain became Britain
and the role that mercantilism played along with the massive tariff system
and outright banning of goods from other nations and colonies (especially
the latter).

Above all...a "wish" would of been for them to do a serious study of the
political economy of the US. I don't think they really did. They certainly
had a good understanding of the US political economy from the 1840s on, at
least within the larger understanding of the US industrial development,
slavery, etc. But before that? Not so much.

David W.