#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2016/04/jacobin-walking-on-the-fighting-side-of-me

Were you thinking, I really need to know what Jacobin has to say about
Merle Haggard? Probably not. Unfortunately, Jacobin decided to publish a
Merle Haggard obituary of sorts, by Jonah Walters
<https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/04/merle-haggard-country-music-reagan/>.
It is, without exaggeration, the worst essay I have ever seen in that
publication and one of the worst essays on music I have ever read. It is
essentially an exercise in Aesthetic Stalinism, arguing that Merle Haggard
was a terrible person and overrated artist because he was supposedly the
voice of American reaction for a half-century. This is not only wrong
politically, it’s wrong musically. Let’s break it down.