#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

^^^^Note also who's commenting on the Facebook post re: Stanford. Most of
the people are criticizing Stanford SJP after they admitted what they did,
or praising them for admitting to a "mistake" (even though they did no such
thing). Tony Greenstein and the braindead degenerate blogger who slandered
Counter-Punch are still defending the Stanford students *even after they
admitted to asking the refugee speaker not to challenge Israel's right to
exist*. Even after the students have essentially validated the speaker's
claim that she felt it necessary to call off the event due to this request,
these parasites insist that the issue was Alison Weir's alleged
anti-Semitism.

That alone should validate the concerns in listed in NE's article (the
original topic) about these openly racist tendencies on the left.
Completely specious claims about anti-Semitism (in this case, a false
explanation of an event cancellation over a person accused very
tangentially of anti-Semitism giving speaking tips to a speaker / being in
the audience) are being invoked to justify shutting down anti-Zionism (in
this case, a speaker wanting to challenge the legitimacy of the regime that
dispossessed her). This is the effect of ensuring that the conversation
about Zionism largely remains an internal Jewish community issue, or where
narratives of Jewish victimhood are given knee-jerk validation by leftists
in the context of Palestine solidarity.

Nada Elia writes, "when it comes to the Question of Palestine, we have been
plagued for decades with a narrative of Jewish victimhood that completely
erased any mention of Palestinian loss, the ongoing Nakba. "

That is almost a literal description of what happened at Stanford.

- Amith