#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

“Peter, useless.  Peter, useless!” chanted my workmates.  “Peter, useless!”
they roared.  My name echosed around the factory for everyone to hear.

From time to time other workers on the drier assembly line at F&P in
Auckland got called useless and I’d joined in the chanting myself.  Usually
it was in good humour and it broke the monotony.  But this time I wasn’t
finding it so funny.  In fact I was in trouble.  It was three months since
I’d started as a temp at F&P and this particular day I’d got a bit
careless, letting my stocks slip down.  On top of that I had a headache.

At four in the afternoon the big boss team leader took over the work
station two upstream from me and started cracking on the pace.  He and his
young mate were racing and sweat was pouring off them.  They were working
faster than the line speed and building up a stockpile of drier drums.

The opposite was happening to me.  The faster they worked the quicker they
ate up my product and soon I had none.  The more I tried to rush the more I
fumbled.  The more screws I dropped the more attention I drew to myself.
 “Peter, useless,” my workmates chanted and laughed. . .

full at:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/08/02/from-the-vaults-a-nightmare-in-whiteware-the-teamwork-system-exploitation-and-alienation/