#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

It is true that RSCC imploded, however NYCSJP is a different group. It is
basically the SJPs of the CUNY colleges. I find their work to be highly
effective. Also, the question wasn't about who is perfect, but rather who
is doing "better" organizing.

If Americans Knew is a media advocacy org. I think they do great work, but
they are not a community organization or something.

On Friday, May 27, 2016, Andrew Pollack via Marxism <

> Regarding who's doing good Palestine work, I think the terrain is more
> complex than Amith presents.
> The Maoists referred to by him were from the Revolutionary Student
> Coordinating Committee, which has since imploded - but not before it spent
> several years dividing the city's SJP chapters based on who agreed with its
> abstract "revolutionary" rhetoric. And their community work was just
> parachuting into neighborhoods to spout some "serve the people" rhetoric
> and wave their huge red flag.
> Meanwhile Al-Awda, JVP, Adalah, the grannies, the Palestinian community and
> more all turn out regularly - and in force when there's an attack. In the
> latter case there are also often coalitions uniting all these forces. For
> instance, the big march across the bridge two years ago was organized by an
> ad hoc coalition whose core activists, many of them Occupy veterans, were
> mostly not in any of the above groups.
> I should add that in the last couple years the Palestine solidarity
> movement here (and nationally) is as divided over Syria as anywhere.

- Amith