#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Naive indeed.  Anyone who thinks that writing crap on a piece of paper is
going to bind Hillary Clinton or the Democratic Party to do anything just
hasn't been paying attention.

In fact, the party platform has more often than not never more than a list
of phony promises.   It hasn't mattered much in American politics for over
half a century.

More than this, since the 1970s, we've had presidential candidates running
for office on positions just the opposite of what their platform says.
Nobody cared.

Indeed, nobody's even notices that since the invention of the sound
byte.

I suppose you could argue that the platforms reflect something of what the
base wants, but that's BS, too.

Heck, I don't think even political scientists spend much time on platforms.

ML