#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Hi Gary,
I thought you mentioned 55% somewhere and wasn't sure what that reflected.
Anyway, we're not in disagreement apart from I think its pretty obvious you're
far more optimistic in outlook than I am generally.

I would say Im unconvinced any deal can be made. All the PLP want is for Corbyn
to go – hardly a basis for negotiation or compromise. Second, I think you
underestimate how willing the PLP are to split the party. In the local
elections, they genuinely seemed happy when Labour lost seats so that they
could blame Corbyn.

Two other important points upcoming: the loss of support from the likes of owen
smith and andy slaughter is a really bad bellwether for Corbyn – these are not
in any way Blairites. But, if his team are savvy, they could use the upcoming
Chilcott report to bash the Blairites with.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

From: Gary MacLennan