#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 2016-07-11 19:54, A.R. G via Marxism wrote:

[Tony Gre] does not do so in this
particular piece but has used ethnocentric rhetoric in other writings
portraying the Palestinian struggle as an internal Jewish community issue

.... has in turn informed his accusations of
anti-Semitism against Richard Falk, Counter-Punch, and others

I am not at a computer but I can prepare a more substantive reply later.

Yes, I'm waiting for that answer too, though I'm also waiting for substantiation of "witchhunts for anti-Semitism and racist privileging of Jewish voices" as also charged by Amith. I think it's rather disgusting that a person not on this list can just be lied about without accountability. Perhaps that happens more than I know about, but when it's someone whose writings/record I am familiar with, then I'm not going to just remain silent when I see them wronged in this way!

Also, I do not believe Greenstein, or anyone else I know of, has accused Counterpunch of antisemitism. The last time I mentioned Counterpunch in a post I specifically noted that they were NOT tolerant of antisemitism and removed an antisemitic article when they got around to reading it (after publishing it on the web). The problem with Counterpunch is that they lean toward a left-right alliance which makes them willing to publish right-wingers attempting to appeal to leftist causes. In some cases these right wingers are openly antisemitic (like in that case, or where they published Atzmon himself) but more often they are just allied with antisemites. And as has been pointed out, the biggest danger in this regard isn't antisemitism itself (promoting harm to Jews) but tarring the Palestinians with that label thus completing Israel's primary propaganda campaign.

- Jeff