#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

A short report on the first hook-up of the Imperialism study group
initiated by Redline is up on the blog.

For the first session, there was a set of notes supplied by Tony Norfield,
some questions raised by Walter Daum, and there is a recording of the
session.  The session covered the first six parts of *Imperialism*,
although the discussion was quite wide-ranging as it was basically devoted
to the economic aspects of Lenin's pamphlet and how they played out both
then and since.

You can read the short report here:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/07/24/imperialism-study-group-first-session/

Tony's introductory notes are here:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/07/20/imperialism-study-group-notes-for-discussion-1-the-economics-of-lenins-imperialism/

Despite time zones ranging from Alberta to New York to Ireland & London to
Australia and NZ, we managed to get most people on-line.

I'd certainly recommend zoom.  I recall in 2010 we tried to use skype for
Workers Party steering committee meetings, and this was just people in the
main centres in NZ.  It continually cut out, you couldn't get visuals and
it was generally a nightmare.  But zoom worked perfectly, although it was a
bit frustrating that the way zoom is organised allows only for 40 minutes
at a time.  So we did have to have two parts to it, although the transition
is relatively seamless.  After 40 minutes the screen goes blank and someone
just has to send out a new invite and everyone is back on very quickly for
another 40 minutes.

Phil