#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ghazala-khan-donald-trump-criticized-my-silence-he-knows-nothing-about-true-sacrifice/2016/07/31/c46e52ec-571c-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html?tid=sm_tw

Obviously I cannot stand the DNC for the reasons that should be obvious on
this list, but I think the statements from the Muslim family that lost
their son in the Iraq invasion are very powerful.

Trump attacked both parents and mentioned that the wife did not speak (I'm
assuming it is some sort of orientalist babble about Muslim women being
denied speaking roles) but I honestly think she destroyed him in this
op-ed. Does Trump seriously think that attacking soldiers' parents and POWs
will help him?

Of course I also hate that the DNC seems to think that the only good
Muslims are those who actively take part in America's wars of aggression,
but nonetheless I do not think it is fair to blame individual soldiers'
parents for the crimes of US policy.

- Amith