#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Yes. I totally support that idea. I think a bunch of the radical Arabs we
see on FB would go for this. To give such people a voice is revolutionary
work.

If people are willing, we might consider framing this as a "Save Aleppo"
effort or some such and attempt to, in addition to the above, make a
fundraising effort for the White Helmets that would allow us to approach
various artists (Musicians) and immeasurably broaden the appeal of the
event. Think of al all-day political meeting as suggested above followed by
a more public, widely advertised effort for a cultural event. Maybe we
could get that fantastic Arab hip-hop group I saw on one of the videos
--Idrees Amaad (?).

Within reason, I am willing to work more or less full-time on this for a
while.

I would really like to hear one or more of the most ferocious Syrians who
responded to Max Blumenthal yesterday tell him from a broad podium that his
name will not be uttered nor remembered.

I think the ISO will help. Conferences are almost the only thing they are
good for, but their politics on this are correct. Weird to me that the
Schachtmanites and the Hoxhaites are the tendencies that get this. We have
wings of both in Seattle, but nevermind.

Of course there will be tension between efforts to broaden and the desire
of some broader forces for a less pointed approach than our dagger to the
throat, so serious political acumen will have to be brought to bear to help
us beat back the politics of but keep in those broader forces. In other
words, coalition work. Some compromise is inevitable unless we wish to talk
to ourselves but we are seasoned organizers.

We will need money. Go Fund Me leaps to the mind. Sometimes initial
fundraising helps you know where to go next so a Go Fund Me would in itself
be an organizing effort.

Time is of the essence.

David