#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The same statement is now in final form, along with a handy endorsement form you can use (or abuse, as I did):

It has a significantly longer endorsement list than before, though I didn't see any on it that surprised me. The endorsements are overwhelmingly from the US, reflecting the parochial attitude of the underlying organizers. (But a surprising number from Germany, indicating some connection I wouldn't have been aware of).