#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2016/11/12/pers-n12.html

The Militant offered a similar view.
http://www.themilitant.com/2016/8044/804402.html
I can go this far with them.  I expect the level of racism today is lower than
80 years ago when Trotsky referred to the white working class in the US as
hangmen and beasts.  And the white working class is hardly uniform.  There is a
range of views on race.
At the same time, if the vote for Trump were simply a result of economic
hardship, we should expect the pro-Trump vote to be higher among blacks and
Hispanics.  Clearly, there was a racial divide.  A large number of white
workers, even if they did not share Trump's racist views, were willing to
overlook them as they decided their vote.

                ken h