#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Louis Proyect said:
Trump never should have messed with the CIA. These guys are past masters
of dirty tricks.

Ken Hiebert replies:
Whatever differences Trump has with the CIA, he is basically in harmony with
their goal of manifesting US power around the world.  But let's imagine that he
actually intended to curb the CIA.  In that instance, he would have no choice
but to "mess with the CIA."
In which case, we would need to go beyond the observation that the CIA can do
him much harm and think of how we might take advantage of such a dispute to
further our own political goals re the CIA.

I cannot claim to know who is lying and who is truthful in this dispute.  I do
think the CIA would be taking a big risk if it's just making up this story.
Sooner or later, the truth will out.