#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

March & Rally: We Will End the Refugee & Muslim Ban
Sunday Jan. 29, 2:00 PM from Battery Park, west of
Castle Clinton Nat`l Mon. & nr. #1, R, W, 4, 5, J stops, Broadway bus)
descriptions & any changes: <http://bit.ly/NoMuslimBan> <http://bit.ly/NoMuslimBan> = <https://facebook.com/events/1793522974242870/> <https://facebook.com/events/1793522974242870/> <https://twitter.com/lsarsour/status/825556531202531329> <https://twitter.com/lsarsour/status/825556531202531329> <https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3T3SWtUoAMSKlv.jpg> <https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3T3SWtUoAMSKlv.jpg>
NYIC, Make the Road, DRUM
In a true show of force, thousands of people descended upon JFK calling for the release of dozens of refugees and immigrants who were being detained, questioned, and refused entry to the United States.

Due to the collective efforts of advocacy groups and organizers in New York, the Federal Court for the Eastern District of New York has now issued a temporary stay halting President Donald Trump’s executive order.

The signing of President Trump's executive order has affected thousands – refugees seeking asylum and protection who have already been approved for visas, mothers and fathers barred from reuniting with their families, legal permanent residents being denied the ability to return to school or work, and refugees fleeing persecution being forced to return to their countries to death and violence.

WE CALL ON OUR COMMUNITIES TO KEEP UP THE MOMENTUM TO FIGHT THE REFUGEE AND MUSLIM BAN!

Let's make it clear that we don't just want a temporary halt, we want human rights and dignity for refugees and immigrants and we want a reversal of these inhumane executive orders NOW.

JOIN US ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 29 at Battery Park to march to the offices of Customs and Border Patrol in Manhattan.

*WHERE: Battery Park (West Side of Castle Clinton National Monument in Battery Park near Statue of Liberty Viewpoint)*

START TIME: 2PM on SUNDAY, Jan 29

CO-SPONSORS (list in formation):
The New York Immigration Coalition
Make the Road New York
DRUM - Desis Rising Up & Moving
MPower Change
African Communities Together
National Immigration Law Center
32BJ SEIU
New York City Anti-Violence Project
Jews for Racial and Economic Justice [JFREJ]
CultureStrike
New York Civil Liberties Union - NYCLU

**more information coming soon***
Featuring
The New York Immigration Coalition
Non-Profit Organization · New York, New York
The NYIC is an umbrella advocacy group that brings together nearly 200 diverse member organizations to advance justice and opportunity for all. You can also follow us on twitter: @thenyic www.twitter.com/thenyic <http://www.twitter.com/thenyic>
Make the Road New York
Non-Profit Organization · New York, New York
¿Hablas español? Vea nuestra página en español aquí: http://www.facebook.com/SeHaceCaminoNY <http://www.facebook.com/SeHaceCaminoNY>____