#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

John Obrien asks:
Are there no Koreans who might know more about Korea than Bruce Cumings?

A good question.  Which leads me to ask who are the leading authorities on
Korea.  It would make sense that this should be a Korean.
But that leads me to ask what is the state of intellectual inquiry in Korea,
North and South.  Do the politics in both parts of Korea allow for free inquiry
and scholarly debate?

                        ken h