#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Large, dark-blue, prisoner transport vans are an everyday sight in Egypt. I
remember walking with family in Alexandria last year when one of these vans
passed us, and we heard shouts that sounded like protest slogans coming
from inside. My cousin told me, “we see these vans at least once a week on
this road.” Even before the 2011 uprising, it was not uncommon to see these
vans several times a day, ferrying people caged behind the small, barred
windows

https://muftah.org/clash-moving-film-political-climate-egypt-today/?utm_source=Muftah+Newsletter&utm_campaign=02c7bc1648-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_07_07&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5449e93203-02c7bc1648-89403933#.WbQgbsiGOyJ