#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The spectacle of the Tory PM, Theresa May, gasping for air while a
prankster handed her a form sacking her amidst a set that began to fall
apart was as Novara Media would say “delicious”.  Richard Seymour has a
piece behind a paywall about Tory Trauma, and certainly that looked like to
be a very accurate way of describing what has happened.

I think, though, that what is going on in the UK needs to be understood as
a crisis of caste as much as a crisis of class relations.  The tradition
British Ruling Caste nurtured at their private schools and at Cambridge and
Oxford are just not up to the task at the moment.  They have two star
leaders - Johnson and Rees-Mogg.  Both of them sound like something from my
collection of Boy’s Own annuals from the 1920s. They get up and talk about
Crecy and Agincourt, for Jayzuss’ sake.

I sit and think how could you get so much shit into a head? I do not know
what they do at Eton, but that school  must provide one of the worst
educations available anywhere. How could such idiots be let loose on the
British public?

But loose they are and at a time when British Capitalism needs rescuing
from the Capitalists. There is nothing, however, in the make up of caste
consciousness which would enable the Upper Caste to act effectively to
achieve such a breakthrough. And so we have an absolute crisis of hegemony,
where neoliberal imperatives have also weakened the forces of tradition.

How long can they keep on keeping on?  Of course it is impossible to answer
that question, but I cannot see the Tories eeking out another 4 years.

There is too the big issue of Brexit, the Tiger’s back, astride which
squats the Tory PM gasping and coughing and spluttering in fear. She is
terrified to go on and equally frightened of getting off.

All in all the times are delightful..

Comradely

Gary