#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Eugene Coyle  wrote

I agree with Robinson’s dismissal of Piketty but the rest of the chapter is a very poor jumble of the economic history of the 20th Century. Almost just a story made up out of thin air. And not only bad history, poor analysis as well.

Reference*
<http://www.marxmail.org/msg148966.html>*

*[pen-l] Capitalism in the Twenty-First Century:,Global Inequality, Piketty, and the Transnational,Capitalist Class, <http://www.marxmail.org/msg148966.html>*/
/

/From:/ Louis Proyect <lnp3 ( at ) panix ( dot ) com>

"a poor jumble of the economic history of the 20th Century", "a story made up out of thin air", "Bad history". "poor analysis." If you're going to take a responsible opposing line to someone's point of view, especially that of  a respected Marxist scholar like William Robinson, don't you think it's counterproductive to do so with airy dismissal, without specifying in some detail what it is you don't like about it, so as to give a respondent something to tie to? This used to be called "badmouthing." I don't like to think that these lists are to be used for ventilation.

---