#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Today's Times announces that Julian Fellowes, creator of "Downton Abbey,"
is making a series called "The Gilded Age."
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/01/arts/television/the-gilded-age-julian-fellowes.html?ref=todayspaper

The paper quotes Fellowes saying "I am a big, big fan of Edith Wharton and
Henry James and that period of history after the Civil War — the
Vanderbilts and the Whitneys and all of those people.”

No mention of the book of the same name by Mark Twain and Charles Dudley
Warner, who were hardly "big, big fans" of the gilded. (I've actually only
read the first quarter of the book and put it down because it was so damned
depressing, but I'm sure it's worth resuming.)