#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Patrick Cockburn has reported that Turkey has been recruiting large numbers of
former ISIS fighters to its version of the  "Free Syrian Army":

www.counterpunch.org/2018/02/12/is-turkey-recruiting-ex-isis-fighters/

Whether these people can still be considered as ISIS members may be debatable.
The point the Jaysh al Thuwar representatives are making is that they do not
consider these (ex?) ISIS members as real representatives of the Free Syrian
Army.

Regarding HTS, Rod Nordland says in the February 4 New York Times:

"Elements of that same group are among the Free Syrian Army militias, many of
them Islamic extremists, who are allied to the Turks and fighting in Afrin,
according to the group and analysts in the area".

www.nytimes.com/2018/02/04/world/middleeast/turkey-afrin-syria.html?

Chris Slee