#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Just came back from a press screening of "The Young Karl Marx", sitting next to A.O. Scott who was taking notes furiously. I will be writing about the film at great length in a few days but suffice it to say that if you can see only one film this year, and maybe in the rest of your life, it should be this.

Here's Scott McLemee's take on the film that I agree with completely although I will be writing a review from a somewhat different angle.

https://www.insidehighered.com/views/2018/02/02/review-young-karl-marx