#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Here is the link to an interesting report about the YPG-Assad deal.

https://medium.com/@sethjfrantzman/reports-of-syrian-regime-ypg-deal-on-afrin-1f274f3154ef

It seems that I was mistaken in believing that the deal would cause massive disruptions inside the Russian camp. According to this article the Russians have been involved in the negotiations leading to this deal. And the first reaction of the Turkish FM also indicates that Ankara might be happy with this deal. But of course, it is to early to make any definite judgment.

However, what we can say for sure when looking back to the last years is that the YPG has no problems with making deals and creating alliances with the evil powers: Assad, US and Russia. Unfortunately this does not stop them finding "left-wing" cheerleaders in the West!

--
Revolutionär-Kommunistische Organisation BEFREIUNG
(Österreichische Sektion der RCIT, www.thecommunists.net)

---