#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

RKOB disputes that Turkey is imperialist.  I would say it is increasingly
acting like an imperialist power.

Turkish capital is investing widely in the Middle East region.  Turkey has
military bases in a number of countries, including Qatar and the KRG-controlled
part of Iraq.  The KRG is like a semi-colony of Turkey.

Turkey has since 2016 been occupying part of Syria (the Jarablus/al-Bab/Azaz
area).  Now it has moved into Idlib and is attacking Afrin.

The Firat News Agency has accused Turkey of wanting to permanently occupy part
of northern Syria:

https://anfenglish.com/features/the-iskenderun-model-invade-settle-hold-referendum-24980/

The SDF have issued calls to "defend the territorial integrity of Syria".  This
creates the basis for possible cooperation with the Assad regime against the
Turkish invasion.

However I doubt that the SDF will hand over Afrin to effective control by Assad
as the price for such cooperation.

Chris Slee