#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Just trying to raise awareness here - and understand in the context of

this being a large capitalist corporation that needs to be expropriated and

kingdoms and militarism promotion ended - and the description "superb"

not shared by all, in its lacking for the LGBT fans.

Marvel and Disney corporate heads once again betrayed their promises  to include

same sex sex gender characters.  There was created in the original script that
one of the

major characters be a Lesbian.  After the art and writing were done, Marvel
heads withdrew

this and ordered the character to be straight.

So while the film has important long overdue "firsts" that raises visibility
and some good

progressive themes, there has been left disappointment with Marvel not keeping
their promise

to be inclusive for Black same sex gender fans and other viewers.

When I was a kid, there were only "official" straight role models, including in
comics, even

though I could "interpret" that Wonder Woman and those male super heroes in
tights and

colorful costumes living alone with their same sex younger partners, were not
the patriarchal

hetero nuclear family promoted model.

________________________________

I grew up in the 1990s and so the span of Marvel Comics that were part of
my childhood, as well as the several cartoons, were pretty different than
what we have been getting since the first IRON MAN from Marvel Studios.
Marvel was always extremely high on both the melodrama and the social
justice parables, sometimes to the extent of being unbearable. My frame of
reference for the canon therefore is including that stuff. Indeed since
Marvel Studios emerged, it has been pretty obvious that Marvel and DC  have
effectively switched roles, now it is DC-based films like the Batman
pictures and Superman with all the pathos while Marvel is pretty bubblegum
in comparison.

Speaking specifically about the Panther titles, Ta-Nehisi Coates has been
writing it for the past several years and the result have been interesting.

--
Best regards,

Andrew Stewart