#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

“I’m very supportive of what the president has done,” Democratic Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio, who has a lifetime 98 percent rating from the AFL-CIO and may run for president in 2020, told VICE News. “What China has been doing is bullshit. They’re cheating, they’re subsidizing their product.”

The AFL-CIO’s President Richard Trumka and the United Steelworkers’ (USW) President Leo Gerard also applauded Trump’s proposals. “For too long, our political leaders have talked about the problem but have largely left enforcement of our trade laws up to the private sector,” Gerard said in a statement. “Now, we need to work to finalize the design of relief and implement it.”

full: https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/ywq4jk/trumps-tariffs-made-him-labor-unions-man-of-steel