#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 3/11/18 11:25 AM, DW via Marxism wrote:

Considered by many to be the best television drama series ever, *The Wire*
ran from June 2, 2002, to March 9, 2008. Made and set in Baltimore, it
employed a large ensemble cast playing cops, junkies, dealers, lawyers,
judges, dockers, prostitutes, prisoners, teachers, students, politicians,
and journalists.

David Simon is a horse's ass. I once watched 10 minutes of "The Wire" and turned it off because it was racist crap as Ishmael Reed pointed out in an interview:

http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2010/09/30/no_it_relies_on_clichs_about_blacks_and_drugs/

I did watch all of Simon's "The Deuce" and hated it:

https://louisproyect.org/2017/09/13/the-deuce/