#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Louis wrote:

David Simon is a horse's ass. I once watched 10 minutes of "The Wire" and
turned it off because it was racist crap as Ishmael Reed pointed out in an
interview:
http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2010/09/30/no_it_relies_on_clichs_about_blacks_and_drugs/
I did watch all of Simon's "The Deuce" and hated it:
https://louisproyect.org/2017/09/13/the-deuce/

Simon appears Reed seems to be the horses ass and probably didn't even
watch the series. Quite typical of political commentators. Louis seems the
only person I've ever heard of who didn't like the series...and also likely
didn't read the review. Birds of a feather...sad.

David