#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 3/22/18 6:46 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote

Before long, I'll be writing something about the debate taking place between Alan Olmstead and Paul Rohde on one side and the new historians of slavery like Edward Baptist, which rehashes many of the debates that took place over Eric Williams's "Capitalism and Slavery".

This is from an article taking the side of Olmstead and Rohde:

"But more importantly, the vast literature on the industrial revolution that economic historians have produced shows that it originated in the creation and adoption of a wide range of technologies, such as the steam engine and coke blast furnace, which were not directly connected to textile trading networks."

Incredible. Not being able of making the connection between steam power and textile production. Even we learned this in seventh grade social studies classes on the industrial revolution.