#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

> On Apr 5, 2018, at 9:42 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism
> <marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> When I was young, this magazine used to bill itself as the "Capitalist Tool".
> Now it has first-rate journalism from a left perspective.

Who would have imagined that outlets like Forbes and Teen Vogue would become
sources of analysis that increasingly competes with - and maybe even
occasionally beats - the likes of Jacobin and Verso? We’re living through
bizarre times.

More seriously, though: How would one account for this phenomenon in
materialist terms? Serious question. Are these symptoms of an unravelling
ideological hegemony? Or indications of a deeper, tectonic - and maybe only
nascent - reconfiguration of competing ruling class interests? It’s
fascinating, but I’m at a loss.