#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

There is a fine line between healthy skepticism about medical testing for
conditions that will not be fatal, and those that offer a heads-up to
something serious. I personally know several people who had no symptoms but
as a result of a routine annual physical, had cancer (prostate, bladder,
breast) diagnosed and because it was caught early, are still alive. The
statistics of the increase of cancer survivors is significant. Just as I
bring my vehicle to a mechanic annually to anticipate something that could
leave me stranded on the road at night, I get a physical and even a
colonoscopy every 10 years. Heroic measures to obtain a little more life at
the expense of the quality of one's last few months is not the same as "an
ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure."

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 10:53 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <