#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Useful yes, but the continual use of the term neoliberal in articles like
this irritates me. In every place that the word neoliberal appeared, the
word capitalism would have fitted equally well. Using the term neoliberal
actually lets capitalism off the hook; it's only a particularly venal,
Gordon Gekko type of capitalism that denies the existence of collective
benefit. Ordinary capitalism is somehow the benevolent lost golden age.
This isn't extreme capitalism we're living in. It's run of the mill, boom
bust capitalism that should be called what it is.

Cheers,
John

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 6:09 AM, Andrew Pollack via Marxism <