#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I read the article and the accompanying comments.

1)  The barista responded professionally -- I am sure she had NO IDEA that
one of the tracks on the spotify loop would blast the offensive word to all
customers.

2)  The VP should have LEFT it at that --- complaining to the business was
dangerous for the baristas --- he should have recognized that the woman was
truly sorry for putting that song on the loop.

3)   The owner of the business over-reacted ridiculously --- and that is
terrible.    (The fear of being labelled racist for NOT reacting was
probably what prompted the behavior -- and "truth to tell" -- if the
employees had been white, there might have been some knee-jerk demands that
they be immediately canned, who knows?---)

4)   Calling the behavior of the VP an example of institutional racism is
ridiculous --- he was fighting racism by objecting to the song being
playing out loud to unsuspecting customers.   -- his call to the business
was an over-reaction ---

My $.02 (times 4)

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 8:26 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <