#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

OOPS -- Louis, I had ALMOST NOTHING to do with the creation of the John Jay
Department -- all that credit goes to Jay Hamilton and the other senior
people who, beginning around the time I was a visiting Professor, began to
hire outstanding economists who "happened" to be of the radical
persuasion.  They all proved themselves in the classroom and as scholars
and thus the new program ended up being created.   I was a VISITING PROF
and thus out of the hiring loop.

Please give credit where credit is due -- Mike