#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

> On Jun 8, 2018, at 2:03 PM, A.R. G via Marxism <marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu>
> wrote:
>
> I wonder if others on the list might weigh in on the implications in this
> article that Trump, by stupidity or by design, is a player in this
> allegedly Duginist, pro-Russian plot.

I doubt it’s possible to know whether Trump’s involvement is by stupidity or by
design — and I’m inclined to think that distinction breaks down when it finds
itself in proximity to Trump — but I continue to be surprised that anyone
claiming to be on the left has doubts about Putin’s / Dugin’s strategy of
dividing the West. I have to wonder what people think his strategic objectives
could possibly be, if not that.

Of course, that doesn’t negate the fact that the reaction to Putin’s strategy
from the US ruling elite can only be described as hysterical.

But it’s kind of stunning that anyone on the left could see Russian plotting
and Western hysteria as mutually exclusive, or even in tension.

The Atlantic just published something that traces a significant trajectory of
Kremlin influence over Trump, via Manafort, that few people on the left have
paid much attention to, despite an extensive body of evidence:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/06/the-astonishing-tale-of-the-man-mueller-calls-person-a/562217/

<https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/06/the-astonishing-tale-of-the-man-mueller-calls-person-a/562217/>

And here’s an interview with Wahid Azal, who knows both Dugin and the smelly
esoteric milieu from which Dugin was spawned, in which he eventually gets
around to explaining how undermining Western alliances serves Dugin’s goal of a
new imperial “Eurasianism” (and which is worth listening to despite Azal’s
obvious biases and weak politics):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rj6Aj6n-HM
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rj6Aj6n-HM>