#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Thank you for these Lou.  I have always loved the e.e.cummings poem. Did
not know the Sandburg poem at all.  While I was in Nigeria 68-71 Sandburg
was being pushed as leading cultural figure by tthe US Aid folk.  So I read
a fair b it about him.  I thought that Robert Frost's comment on Sandburg's
politics was very bitchy but fair. Frost said "Carl has been a pacifist
between the wars"

comradely

Gary

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <