#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

In Ireland it's a fairly common conception that the most senior surviving
commandantvfrom the 1916 Rising was Eamon de Valera.  However this is not
so.  It was Sean McLoughlin, one of Ireland's outstanding working class
revolutionaries:

"Anyone serious about a free working class in a free Ireland needs to know
about Sean McLoughlin.  They need to know who he was, what he did, and to
read what he wrote.

For a long time, we had no such knowledge and no reason to go hunting for
it.  But thanks to Charlie McGuire, we now have all these things.

I had come across the name Sean McLoughlin years ago, but only in passing.
The name cropped up in a book I was reading that happened to mention some
of the Irish soviets from the. . ."

full at:
https://theirishrevolution.wordpress.com/2018/06/22/sean-mcloughlin-irelands-forgotten-revolutionary/