#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

  If

> anyone can show me one single example of radicals going into the Democratic
> party and building something useful to them (and not just useful to the
> Democrats), I'd be quite willing to sit down and take a look at it.
>
> ML
>

> OK --- how's this -- the "clean for Gene" and other attempts to move the
> Democratic Party to an antiwar position was the beginning of a battle that
> ended in 1975 with Congress cutting off all funds for efforts by the FORD
> administration to intervene to prop up the falling Saigon government ---
> The antiwar movement was outside the Democratic Party (anti-imperialists)
> as well as inside it ....

The role of anti-war members of Congress from the very beginning created a
broad coalition from the pro=NLF forces in the anti-war movement to the
true pacifists to the establishment types who decided the war "wasn't worth
it" anymore ---

It was even a "liberal" REpublican Charles Goodell who introduced the first
"law" to cut off all funding to Vietnam (he did this in 1970 and promptlly
lost his re-election bid to "Conservative " James  Buckley.

I think that's a good model ....

Could be replicated in the anti-Trump movement.